5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2016 9:44 AM by Navya T

Tabjolt Configuration issue

Navya T

Hello,

I'm trying my hands on Tabjolt for the very time and very excited to explore it. I Installed all the prerequisites needed(Java, PostgreSQL DB, Tableau Desktop, Tableau server) and trying to install and configure Tabjolt to perform load testing on my server.

For Configuration I have made the following changes:

1. In ServerTestConfig File: Given Host URL(Should the port number also be given here.? Tried with and without port number Ex: http://localhost:8000/ ,http://localhost). User name, Password, Also tried with/without giving tableau server host name(Localhost).
      2. In Data-retriever Config file- Given Host name (Localhost)
      3. In Vizpool file- Given the view path.

And trying to run the tabJolt but I'm getting the following error. Looks like a configuration issue.

Please help us in resolving this issue...Any suggestions/ experiences regarding this issue are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Regards

Navya

• 1. Re: Tabjolt Configuration issue
          Patrick A Van Der Hyde

moved to the Server Admin area where Tabjolt resources are found and shared. 

• 2. Re: Tabjolt Configuration issue
            Russell Christopher

1. Yes. You need the port. You must always specify hostURI otherwise TabJolt won't know where to send load. setting name/password is optional ONLY if you've also set it inside the userpool.csv file already. I typically always stick a username and password value in here, even if I have the same values in the userpool.csv file. It reduces the chance for error.

2. This is correct, although you seem to be running TabJolt on the same machine as Tableau itself? This is not a best practice as running the load testing tool ON the server will impact your results. Per the docs, you should run TabJolt on a different box

3. OK.

You probably have "fat fingered" one of the config settings. Please attach the ServerTestConfig file.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Tabjolt Configuration issue
              Navya T

Hello Russell,

I have installed tableau server on a different machine and trying to run load test on it.

Attached is the ServerTestConfig file. Please let me know if I'm missing out on something.

Added login credentials in user pool file, host name in data retriever file and view details in Vizpool file. And trying to run the tabjolt and still couldn't get the results.

Thank you!

Regards

Navya

• 4. Re: Tabjolt Configuration issue
                Russell Christopher

You need to keep the exact (original) formatting in the file. I see this:

users:

- !!com.tableausoftware.test.server.configuration.User         

name:Group         password:

Group}

It should be this:

users:

- !!com.tableausoftware.test.server.configuration.User

name: Group

password: Group

}

Make sure to put a single space between name: and the username and password: and the password.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Tabjolt Configuration issue
                  Navya T

Hello Russell,

I have formatted Servertestconfig file but still couldn't run the test. The error looks like a configuration issue in Servertestconfig file.

Attached all of the files where I'm adding inputs.

In server test config file: Adding tableau server host name, URL, Username and password

In Userpool: Username, password and role

In Vizpool: View path

In Data retriever config file: Host Name

Issue says configuration object is not valid.Please lemme where I'm missing the link.

Appreciate your inputs. Thank you!

Regards

Navya