2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2016 9:48 AM by Simon Runc

Duplicates Filters and labels

sandra cuentas

Dear Community,

Currently I have a series of observations plotted against time (worksheet 1). Every point may contain one or more elements. I am interested in points than contain more than one element because that would mean I have a duplicate for that specific time point in that particular ID.

I plotted IDs vs time and filtered data using a calculation filter with the following formula: IF (COUNT([Número de registros]))>1 THEN "MOSTRAR" ELSE "NO MOSTRAR" END. With the resulting view, I am able to view number of duplicates if I click on each ID label.

For example, ID #28347 shows three points that contain 7 elements in total. Ideally, I would like to have a bar chart plotting IDs vs number of duplicates. However, if not possible I would like to show the number of duplicates (7 elements) in the view and maybe sort the view according to this number in a descending order.

In a second workbook, I managed to obtain the number of duplicates by replicating the first workbook using a text table and grand totals. Still, it is not what I am looking for as an end result.

Thank you very much in advance.

• 1. Re: Duplicates Filters and labels
          Tom W

Hi Sandra,

You'll need to upload a Tableau Packaged Workbook based on your real data or sample data to replicate the scenario.

• 2. Re: Duplicates Filters and labels
            Simon Runc

hi Sandra,

Thanks for posting a workbook...make finding you a solution much easier!

So the issue you have here is that you SUM([Number of Records]) > 1 check is an aggregate calculation so only works when you have both Time and ID in you VizLoD...you may find this post helpful Answer - Quora

To get round this we can use FIXED LoD expression, so we calculate the SUM([number of records]) at the Time/ID level, and then we can use this field in the Viz.

So I created the following calculation

[Duplicate Count]

IF {FIXED [Mtc],[Fechahora]: SUM([Number of Records])} > 1 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END

I then bring this into the Viz as a SUM and (I think!) we get the result you want.

Hope this solves your issue and makes sense, but if not please post back

1 of 1 people found this helpful