4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2016 1:42 PM by Toby Erkson

Export Site error

Dan Colbert

I am trying to export a site using tabadmin, and have gotten the same error from my 9.3 production installation, my 9.3 test installation and my 10.0 beta installation.

Usually the common variable points to the problem. In this case, that variable is me.

Here is the output of the command line:

tabadmin exportsite "" --file e:\iso\test_export

-- Locked default site

==== Exporting default site

-- Unlocked default site

*** javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammar Exception: could not execute statement

I'm sure it's probably something simple, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Dan

• 1. Re: Export Site error
          Toby Erkson

Over a year ago I tried this:  Exporting/Importing a Site - Part 1

I don't remember much except what I wrote in my blog.  I know the process is fairly exact.  From what you've shown I see nothing wrong.  It appears to be something  wrong with the command itself (an internal bug), not something you did.  I would recommend contacting Tableau Support in the meantime because if it is a bug then they definitely need to know!  Please keep us updated

• 2. Re: Export Site error
            Robin Cottiss

Please open a support case. This might need some troubleshooting of the repository database.

Thanks, Robin

• 3. Re: Export Site error
              Dan Colbert

The issue on this is that the "tabadmin exportsite" action fails when the underlying structure of the PostreSQL repository database has been altered.

As an OEM customer, we have added some custom views to the database to allow better interactivity with our front-end application.

This disqualifies us from exporting/importing a site.

As I stated in my original post...common variable.

Thanks, all, for your input!

Dan

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Export Site error
                Toby Erkson

Thanks for the update Dan.  I learned something new:

Dan Colbert wrote:

The issue on this is that the "tabadmin exportsite" action fails when the underlying structure of the PostreSQL repository database has been altered.

As an OEM customer, we have added some custom views to the database to allow better interactivity with our front-end application.

This disqualifies us from exporting/importing a site.

Note to EVERYBODY who asks questions:

This also underscores why we are constantly asking for details.  Things [like this] may seem inconsequential but they can really make a huge difference!  Take your time and give us details, it saves everybody's time in the long run