The Sales Operations Organization at IDEXX is actively recruiting for a Sales Analyst II with Tableau experience. Come join a group that is changing the way sales professionals and leaders interact with data to drive the commercial business, and enhance the health and well-being of pets, people and livestock. The job description is below and applications can be submitted through the IDEXX website here: https://idexx.taleo.net/
Sales Analyst II-10106086-20160614
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for livestock and poultry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs more than 6,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
Provides support to drive efficiency and effectiveness of the direct and indirect sales teams leading to the success of the organization. Provides design, development and implementation support for information governance, reporting and analysis, process improvement and strategic implementation in support of sales strategies and initiatives to grow revenue. Activities may include delivering sales force targets and metrics such as pipeline, activity, actual-to-goal and forecast performance; research and analysis such as gathering and analyzing market dynamics, developing reports and business cases, presenting findings and making recommendations; administering sales incentive plans, including developing and communicating plan documents and calculating commissions and awards based on sales results and plan details; participating in sales incentive design process; developing, documenting and implementing sales operational procedures that support overall sales effectiveness; performing sales planning activities to increase selling efficiency, such as calculating market share, identifying growth opportunities and customer targets and producing territory size/structure analysis to optimize workforce capacity and productivity; working with sales and customer data systems and producing reporting dashboards and other information highlighting sales questions, issues and priorities; and other activities. Adheres to and models the IDEXX Purpose & Guiding Principles.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides support to drive efficiency and effectiveness of the direct and indirect sales teams.
- May specialize in one or more of the following areas:
- Designing, developing and implementing sales force targets and metrics such as opportunities, pipeline volume, activity, actual-to-goal and forecast performance. Prepares and distributes sales reporting including pipeline summaries, dashboards, forecasts, sales commission plan results, sales effectiveness and other variables.
- Research and analysis such as gathering and analyzing data, answering questions, developing reports and presenting findings. Researches sales issues/questions, including clarifying commission payouts, identifying sales trends, conducting business reviews, understanding success factors and gaps and other areas.
- Administering sales incentive plans, including developing and communicating plan documents and calculating commissions and awards based on sales results and plan details. Calculates commissions and distributes statements. Builds databases, spreadsheets and other automation to improve processes. Coordinates with vendors as needed.
- Participating in sales incentive design process. Assists and/or designs commission plans based on business need, market practice and competitive requirements.
- Developing, documenting and implementing sales operational procedures that support overall sales effectiveness. Understands critical business need to drive productivity, documents process workflows and implements solutions to support those workflows. Evaluates and improves programs, communications, systems and reporting requirements based on evolving business needs.
- Performing sales planning activities to increase selling efficiency, such as calculating market share, identifying new business opportunities and territory size/structure analysis. Coordinates with marketing and other related areas to include necessary input, presents recommendations to management and implements agreed-upon solutions.
- Working with sales and customer data systems and producing reporting dashboards and other information highlighting sales information, questions, issues and priorities. Creates ongoing sales forecasts, creates sales targets and goals based on rep type and territory size and other variables, consolidates and cross-references various metrics to target selling opportunities and other activities.
- Develops and manages projects to implement initiatives. Generates project ideas and solutions. Prioritizes projects based on business needs and available resources.
- Implements projects within and across departments, delivering quantifiable improvements and financial benefits.
- Communicates with sales, marketing and other related business lines on regular basis to support sales initiatives, exchange information and resolve issues.
- Communicates department initiatives and success stories to the sales organization.
- Prepares summaries and reports on work activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to and models the IDEXX Purpose & Guiding Principles.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of coursework and experience.
- Typically 3-5 years of analytical-related work experience, with sales operations-related experience preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Data gathering and analytical ability, including summarizing information and drawing appropriate conclusions.
- Database skills.
- Proficiency with Business Object Reporting tools.
- Mapping skills, preferably with Map point software.
- Ability to evaluate and improve existing processes.
- Project management ability.
- Ability to problem solve and draw conclusions, in some cases with limited data.
- Ability to lead and influence without authority.
- Initiative and self motivation.
- Planning and organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and be flexible with changing business needs.
- Verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation and presentation skills and use of PowerPoint.
- Ability to work both individually and as a team player.
- Process improvement knowledge such as Lean Six Sigma or similar methodologies preferred.
- PC skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Extensive sitting, phone and computer use.
- Extend and reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing acuity sufficient to effectively communicate via telephone and in person.
- Ability to communicate verbally on phone and in person.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Some travel may be required.
- General office environment.
- Normal office noise level, with occasional moderate noise.
- Business Operations
- Americas-United States-Maine-Westbrook ME
- Sales Operations - 30002953