3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2016 2:28 PM by Nicholas Hara

Stock Chart Display

Sai Sirisha Brahmandam

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to create a dashboard that resembles the stock chart with the following elements. The calculation is by week.

1. Increase/decrease percentage from last week's total,

2. Up or down arrows indicating the increase/decrease

Stock Market.png

I tried using table calculations, but I am forced to include the last week in my filter for the arrows to show up to indicate the increase or decrease.

I am now seeing two arrows for the last two weeks.  Could you please help me if there a way to show this format in dashboards? Attaching a screenshot of my workbook.

Stock Market.png

Thanks,

Sirisha

• 1. Re: Stock Chart Display
          Nicholas Hara

Hi Sai!

Have you attempted to Hide last week?

Columns and Rows Shelves

If the above link does not work, please attach a sample workbook along with the steps you tried to better help us understand the problem!

Hope this helps.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Stock Chart Display
            Sai Sirisha Brahmandam

Thanks for responding Nicholas.

When I hide the previous week, because it's a table calculation, the current week's percentage change is 0.

I am adding the sample workbook that showcases this problem.

There are two worksheets, one for the percentage itself and the other for the arrows.

In the workbook Percentages, I am able to view only the last week's information by adding a filter on the Week Number field to display the top 2 weeks(Maximum). The last-1 week's percentage is 0, and this does not show up - but leaves a null space.

In the workbook Arrows, I am unable to view only the last week's information by adding a filter on the Week Number field to display the top 2 weeks(Maximum). The last-1 week's percentage is 0, and this shows up in the form of the shape selected for the value 0.

Could you please tell me if there's a different approach to display the data in the desired format instead of Table calculations?

Thanks,

Sirisha

• 3. Re: Stock Chart Display
              Nicholas Hara

Hi Sai,

It looks like you might be EXCLUDING the value and not HIDING the value.

I hid the column in your sample workbook and the value didn't change at all.

1.Right-click on the column header (15 in this case)

2. Select Hide

It is also possible that the sample workbook you provided doesn't adequately reproduce the issue.