Please apply online through the link above. Job ID: 8436
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Database Production Manager
The mission of the Manager of Database Production & Product Assembly is to establish the department’s strategic and tactical direction in a manner that supports EIS core direction and values. The manager must develop and lead product build and currency strategies for both new and existing products. He/she is also responsible for driving continuous improvements/special projects in order to scale operations and improve efficiency to meet business demands. We are looking for a leader that can effectively manage a team of Production Team Leads and Coordinators, while remaining focused on day-to-day operations necessary to ensure all products are kept current according to schedules defined by Product Management.
Drive currency support for the following Products: EDS, RDK, and LSD:
- Ensure all product build schedules are published and maintained, for currency reporting.
- Assist Team Leads and staff in troubleshooting currency build issues.
- Ensure currency issues are visible, prioritized and acted upon in a timely manner.
- Ensure full implementation of Rally with all required and available features to maximize work tracking and visibility.
- Report all service issues (internal or external) to key stakeholders (PM, PMO, Cus Sat Eng.) and drive resolution.
- Maintain constant improvement of reporting and metrics to ensure visibility and ongoing success.
Scale operations by building out a Database Production & Product Assembly presence at NES/India:
- Lead the preparation of detailed training documentation for use by NES team.
- Ensure conduction of recorded WebEx training sessions with NES as a means to on-board NES staff.
- Constantly improve processes to communicate with, and measure the success of, NES staff with respect to their daily responsibilities.
- Guide NES ramp up plan that clearly outlines the build out of the NES support function, and ensure that plan applies resources where business needs are greatest.
Drive process change to improve Production efficiency and reduce currency blockers:
- Drive with ARTs/ESE the retirement of all EPD database acquisition, transformation, and assembly functions, all to be migrated to EPDB and current version of Appworx.
- Drive with ARTs/ESE the retirement of all AppWorx V8 database acquisition, transformation, and assembly functions, all to be migrated to current version of Appworx.
- Drive implementation of SLS data transformation platform for EDS and LSD, ensuring compatibility with convergence requirements.
- Drive implementation of MFT data acquisition and management platform, ensuring compatibility with convergence requirements.
- Measure impact with target of 10% currency blocker reduction after first 6 months.
Drive customer support changes in key areas:
- EDS Cat/IR: conduct monthly engagement with CustSat to review/act upon top needs, meet/exceed CustSat SLA.
- Engineering Dev: conduct regular engagements with ESE, EBSE, PM/PO to ensure currency blockers are addressed in a timely manner, and improvement opportunities are prioritized and acted upon. Ensure that EBSE and ESE DPPA continuous improvement projects are being allocated the full number of hours required, and that most critical issues are receiving attention.
- PM: conduct a monthly meeting with PM Ops to review currency metrics and prioritize needs. Maintain ongoing communication with PM to ensure alignment of DPPA priorities with the business needs.
- Production Staff: Conduct daily Rally review to assist staff in troubleshooting issues ad ensure work progress. Work with Team Leads and veterans to coach and mentor staff on basic problem solving techniques such that they are capable of driving change/improvements themselves. Ensure staff are trained and engaged in all new procedures and technologies. Identify and mentor individuals to act as project leads for initiatives.
- Production Coordinators: Manage day-to-day needs of these direct reports. Ensure objectives are in place and progress is being made. Identify potential Team Leads within staff.
- Team Leads: Manage day-to-day needs of these direct reports. Ensure objectives are in place and progress is being made. Assist Team Leads with prioritization and leadership of SME teams, ensure prioritization, tracking, and organization.
- Production Solutions Architects/Implementation Manager: Work closely with DPPA SAs and IM. Leverage their expertise to resolve higher-level issues, drive initiatives within team, and communicate with partner teams at EIS.
- Technical prowess: Able to quickly get to know our products to a sufficient level and drive updates as needed with Technology teams. Adopts or works with necessary tools for operations.
- Managerial capabilities: Able to lead, manage and direct a team (12+) that includes Team Leads and Production Coordinators.
- Aptitude: Possesses analytical rigor to be able to problem solve, breakdown a complex issue /process and develop and execute on solutions.
- Leadership Qualities: Thinks strategically, plans and is business focused. Able to collaborate and influence Engineering and PM managers/staff in the execution of deliverables.
- Commitment to EIS: Demonstrates sincere commitment to the company’s long term success.
- Positive Attitude
- Good Judgement
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to Understand
- Team Player
- 5+ years of strong leadership experience in large metric driven, technology
heavy, customer centric organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Computer Science.
- Familiarity with lean methods, job automation, software development process,
and tactical problem solving.
- Positive attitude, excellent team player with ability to work
Why the North Shore of Boston and EBSCO are great places to live and work!
Here at EBSCO we will provide relocation assistance to the best and brightest people. We are 45 minutes outside of Boston just minutes from the beach in Ipswich, MA. Ipswich is a part of the North Shore and contains a wide variety of locally owned shops, restaurants, and farms. It is not only a great area to work but to raise a family. Below are resources for you to review to better familiarize yourself with Ipswich and the North Shore area. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to EBSCO’s Talent Acquisition Team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ***, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.