Please apply online through the link above. Job ID: 8433
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Database Production Team Lead
The mission of the Production Coordinator Team Lead is to lead subject matter expert teams by facilitating workload disbursement, interdepartmental and vendor communications. Guide team development and areas of focus and assist with prioritization of existing and incoming workload. Meet existing internal and external customer needs for product currency. Products and deliverables must be updated for currency on time, at the update interval required by stakeholders. A main focus of a Production Coordinator Team Lead is maintaining accurate metrics to measure continuous improvement. As the intervals between product updates lessen and the number of products EIS offers grows, continuous improvement is how our team will meet the future needs of the business. A Production Coordinator Team Lead should be early and proactive about working with Product Management, Technology, Development and Quality Assurance teams to suggest, shape and drive improvements, solutions and new products that will allow Database Production to increase the quality and quantity of our content and decrease content’s time to market.
Drive currency support for the following product types, specializing in one: EBSCO Discovery Service, Reference Desk, and Licensed Secondary:
- Ensure all product build schedules are published and maintained, for currency reporting.
- Assist in troubleshooting currency build issues.
- Ensure currency issues are visible, prioritized and acted upon in a timely manner.
- Use of Rally with all required and available features to maximize work tracking and visibility.
- Report all service issues (internal or external) to management/key stakeholders and drive resolution.
- Maintain constant improvement of reporting and metrics to ensure visibility and ongoing success.
Drive process change to improve Production efficiency and reduce currency blockers:
- Contribute to driving implementation and prioritization of SLS data transformation platform for EDS and LSD, ensuring compatibility with convergence requirements.
- Consistently look to eliminate waste and improve processes on the value stream and product levels.
- Measure impact with target of 10% currency blocker reduction after first 6 months.
- Self-Motivated: Ability to drive oneself to overcome challenges and lead by example.
- Organization: Ability to keep track of follow ups, coordinate and drive continuous improvements across CM teams.
- Persistent and Proactive: Possesses a sense of urgency.
- Communication: Able to effectively communicate and present technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals.
- Deadline-Driven: Ability to meet goals and deadlines set by himself/herself and management.
- Technical Prowess and Aptitude: Able to quickly learn our software to a sufficient level. Possesses analytical rigor to be able to problem solve, breakdown a complex issue /process and develop and execute solutions.
- Teamwork/Team Mentality: Works for the good of the team as well as the self.
- Positive Attitude
- Good Judgement
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to Understand
- Team Player
- 3+ years heterogeneous Unix/Linux and/or Windows experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
Why the North Shore of Boston and EBSCO are great places to live and work!
Here at EBSCO we will provide relocation assistance to the best and brightest people. We are 45 minutes outside of Boston just minutes from the beach in Ipswich, MA. Ipswich is a part of the North Shore and contains a wide variety of locally owned shops, restaurants, and farms. It is not only a great area to work but to raise a family. Below are resources for you to review to better familiarize yourself with Ipswich and the North Shore area. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to EBSCO’s Talent Acquisition Team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ***, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.