1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 18, 2016 4:05 PM by Stoyko Kostov

Filterting Results of 2 Stored Procedures

Rohit Parmar-Mistry

Hi Guys

So to create a reporting dashboard i have 2 stored procedures providing me with an extract based on the same parameters. This is analysis of a firms performance and one shows be aggregated numbers for money in money out etc and the other shows me a daily valuation. The procedure shows them in regards to the whole firm and each adviser in the firm.

I have come up with a bit of a problem however in that for some firms there may be many advisers and so i want the report to only show the whole firms data first and then using a filter select each adviser. I want to have this done with one filter but cant seem to figure out how to do it.

I have attached an example with some data put together to show the layout of the report. What i want is the line graph to have one line which is what the filter tells it to be but also to filter the values in the table too.

Thanks

Ro

• 1. Re: Filterting Results of 2 Stored Procedures
          Stoyko Kostov

Hi Ro,

The following article explains 2 possible approaches.

Filtering Data Across Multiple Data Sources | Tableau Software

I tried the second approach - Using a dashboard filter. To make it work:

First rename the Title1 dimension in sheet "Title For Firm" to match the Title dimension in sheet "Firm Time Weighted Example" - they must match. (Right-click on the dimension, choose Rename, erase the 1 to set it to Title).

Now, in the dashboard, select the name from the "Title For Firm" sheet, and click the filter icon that appears in the top right corner of the sheet (darkened below). You'll see it applied to all sheets, regardless of the data source.

Hope this helps - don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions.