3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2016 9:35 AM by Manideep Bhattacharyya

User license

Dani Pagani

I want 1 designer to create multiple dashboards than can be viewed by many users (embedded in a website)

Do I need one user license for that? Also I would like to somehow authorise that only particular users can view the dashboard.

We are using a standard identity server for our website. Is that possible?

• 1. Re: User license
          Manideep Bhattacharyya

Hello - You need 1 Desktop License for the Designer who will publish the Tableau Dashboards. But I don't quiet understand "embedded in a website" option. In Tableau for every user you need an Web interactor license. So technically if you have 20 users who will view all these dashboards, then all put together you will require 1 Desktop and 20 Web Interactor Licenses.

Thanks,

Manideep

• 2. Re: User license
            Dani Pagani

I think I need tableau online to host dashboards. That is not true for public views though right? So If I create a dashboard that I make publicly available; does that count as 1 interactor license?

• 3. Re: User license
              Manideep Bhattacharyya

Hello - Tableau Public is Free, you can publish dashboard for viewing but with following limitations:

a. Total Number of Rows should be less than 1 million.

b. There won't be any user security, as the name suggest Public

c. Dashboards can't be refreshed automatically, you have re-publish it.

Thanks,

Manideep