2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2016 2:09 PM by Toby Erkson

What's in your workbooks? The TWB Auditor v2.1

Toby Erkson

This is an update to the TWB Auditor v2.0 here--> What's in your workbooks? The TWB Auditor v2.0

What's so new about it?

This version allows you to download workbooks by Site or by Project!  Downloading by Project has been a big request and I decided to tackle this.  I also learned first-hand about how XML endpoints don't work in version 9.3 unless you enable them

This still uses XML endpoints so you can use it for all 9.x versions, just make sure that if you are running 9.3 or higher that you enable XML endpoints per the documentation link I gave above.  Once your Tableau Server becomes version 10 you'll have to use Andy's original TWB Auditor (What's in your workbooks? The TWB Auditor ) which means manually downloading the files you need to audit.

******!

Startup

Go to Andy's thread and read his opening post as it talks about what to expect and how to use the viz workbook (.twb).  I've included a 9.2 version of the workbook if you need it but you can still use Andy's original one; naturally you'll need to point it to your Access database and update the extracts.  Please read the attached documentation as well so you know how to set up this version of the Auditor -- I think it should be simple for Tableau Administrators who have a couple years of BI experience

Version History

The original by Andy Cotgreave:  What's in your workbooks? The TWB Auditor

v2.0:  What's in your workbooks? The TWB Auditor v2.0