1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 11, 2016 10:45 AM by Roger Hau

Join two worksheet tables to a single table in dashboard

Henry Wang

Hi, I'm new to Tableau, and I'm trying to learn as much as I can. I have a quick question: Simply from the view level, is it possible to merge two worksheet tables as they have the same rows?

I've tried to build everything in one worksheet but I couldn't since I wanted to display different information under the same column (like the case in attachment file). Then I built separate sheet tables and intended to merge them together at dashboard level but haven't found the functionality yet.

Thank you very much for the help in advance!

ps: It's my first time in community so please let me know if there is anything else I can do to make the questions more clear.

• 1. Re: Join two worksheet tables to a single table in dashboard
          Roger Hau

Hey Henry, I think the feature you're looking for is "treat a sheet like a data source", and that specific feature isn't in Tableau yet. That said, there might be more we can do on the data modeling side, or with dashboard actions that might be able to give you the behavior you're looking for...If you could give me some more info about the schema of the original data set maybe I could help? Does your data set look like:

Metric        Date

Revenue   April 2016

CoGS        April 2016

Or are your data sets crosstabs, similar to the ones in the attached spreadsheet?