2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2016 8:35 AM by Dan Crowell

Editing a Published Data Source not working after updating to Tableau Server 9.3 and Desktop 9.3

Dan Crowell

I am trying to edit a Published Data source by following the steps outlined in Editing a Published Data Source | Tableau Software. I have successfully followed the same steps with all previous versions. Did something change? These are the steps I am taking:

1. Connect to the published data source from Tableau Desktop.
      2. Create a local copy of the data source by selecting Data > <data source> > Create Local Copy.
      3. Save the local copy of the data source.
      4. Replace the published data source in the workbook with the newly created local data source by selecting Data > Replace Data Source.
      5. Right-click the published data source and then select Close to close the published data source.
      6. Make the desired changes to the local copy of the data source.
      7. Select Data > <data source > Publish to Server to overwrite the original published data source on Tableau Server.
      8. Select Data > Connect to Data to connect to the newly published data source.
      9. Select Data > Replace Data Source to replace the local data source with the published data source.
      10. Right-click the local data source and then select Close to close the local data source.

I am attempting to add a new column to the data source. At step #9, the new field has a red exclamation mark next to it. When I hover over it it says, "The field 'Is Healthy' does not exist in the database."

Do you have any ideas about what is happening?