10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2017 5:41 AM by upendra pisupati

Viz Alerts Issue

Harsha Tatikonda

Hello Matt,

Firstly thank you for the Viz Alerts Package. We are trying to install it in our environment. We have the following issue and would like to seek your help!

D:\VizAlerts-1.1.0>python vizalerts.py

2016-06-29 15:19:19 - [INFO] - LoggerQuickSetup - Logging initialized, writing t

o .\logs\vizalerts.log_2016-06-29.log

2016-06-29 15:19:19 - [DEBUG] - trusted_ticket_test - testing trusted ticket: lo

calhost, echostar.com\Data.Warehouse, None

2016-06-29 15:19:19 - [DEBUG] - get_trusted_ticket - Generating trusted ticket.

Request details: Server: localhost, Site: , Username: domain.com\Data.Warehous

e, Url: http://localhost/trusted, Postdata: username=echostar.com%5CData.Warehou

se.

2016-06-29 15:19:19 - [ERROR] - get_trusted_ticket - HTTPError generating truste

d ticket: Temporary Redirect  Request details: Server: localhost, Site: , Userna

me: domain.com\Data.Warehouse, Url: http://localhost/trusted, Postdata: userna

me=domain.com%5CData.Warehouse.

Thanks in advance. Your help is greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Viz Alerts Issue
          Matt Coles

Please make sure you've meticulously gone through all of the steps in the install guide document. Your current issue is probably caused by the fact that you left "localhost" as the value for the "server" config option in the vizalerts.yaml file. Make you've set it to a real server name, and that you've set all the other important values appropriately in the config file as well. The "Configure VizAlerts" section in the install guide covers which are required.

• 2. Re: Viz Alerts Issue
            Harsha Tatikonda

Hi Matt, thanks for the response. Yes, I have actually changed it for posting it here.. yes we did follow the steps given in the documentation. Any other suggestions?

• 3. Re: Viz Alerts Issue
              Matt Coles

Ah, okay, thank you for clarifying. I haven't seen this particular redirect error before. Are you accessing your server through a load balancer or proxy? I'm wondering if the request is getting caught up in something like that and not making it to the server. You can confirm whether Tableau Server is getting the request by looking in the Apache httpd access logs at [install folder]\Tableau Server\data\tabsvc\logs\httpd (that's from memory so it may not be completely correct).

• 4. Re: Viz Alerts Issue
                Matt Coles

Were you able to make any progress, Harsha?

• 5. Re: Viz Alerts Issue
                  Harsha Tatikonda

Hi Matt, I get the below message. I followed the link and followed all the steps.

2016-07-15 13:12:13 - [DEBUG] - get_trusted_ticket - Got ticket: -1

2016-07-15 13:12:13 - [ERROR] - get_trusted_ticket - Error generating trusted ticket. Value of ticket is -1.  Please see http://onlinehelp.tableau.com/current/server/en-us/trusted_auth_trouble_1return.htm Request details:

2016-07-15 13:12:13 - [DEBUG] - get_trusted_ticket - Got ticket: -1

2016-07-15 13:12:13 - [ERROR] - get_trusted_ticket - Error generating trusted ticket. Value of ticket is -1.  Please see http://onlinehelp.tableau.com/current/server/en-us/trusted_auth_trouble_1return.htm

We have single sign on saml enabled system. Do this affect how this package is designed?

• 6. Re: Viz Alerts Issue
                    Harsha Tatikonda

may I ask if you will be available for a quick webex?

• 7. Re: Viz Alerts Issue
                      Matt Coles

Hey Harsha, thanks for the info. As far as I am aware there is no issue with saml and running trusted authentication at the same time, so that should not be the problem. The "-1" return value is actually a good sign of sorts, in that there should be some information in the vizql log files that the link describes. Did you review those logs? If so, were you able to find the specific trusted authentication error? If so, that should tell you more or less exactly what the issue is so that it can be corrected.

I do not do in person or live remote support for VizAlerts, no, but the Tableau Professional Services team is certainly familiar with the tool and is available to assist you should you need that level of help.

• 8. Re: Viz Alerts Issue
                        Matt Coles

Harsha, glad to hear you got past that issue! Would you please:

(1) Mark an existing answer on this thread as Correct, or add info on what the problem was and then mark your own answer correct

then,

(2) Create a new Discussion with your last question

thank you!

• 9. Re: Viz Alerts Issue
                          Harsha Tatikonda

The issue regarding the trusted ticket is with user account properties in the active directory domain. It have to be moved to correct OU.

• 10. Re: Viz Alerts Issue
                            upendra pisupati

HI Harsha,

We are also facing same issue. Can you please describe in detail as to what changes you did in active directory for the particular user?

Thanks,

Upendra