1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 1, 2016 6:32 AM by Michael Hesser

Actions linked to another dashboard

Aakash Udasi

Hello community,

I have two dashboards in a tableau workbook.

First dashboard has 4 sheets/visualisation linked to each other by actions. Also all the 4 sheets are linked to sheets of second dashboard in the same work.

The problem I am facing is that the moment I click  on any visualisation on the first dashboard, it takes me to second dashboard. Then again I have to come back on the first dashboard click on second visualisation/sheet & again taken back to second dashboard & the process repeats till I click on fourth sheet on first dashboard.

What i need::: >>>> I want action to take me to the second dashboard only when all the visualisation sheets on first dashboard are selected

Could you please help me out with this.

Thank you

Regards

Aakash

• 1. Re: Actions linked to another dashboard
          Michael Hesser

Hi Aakash;

I suspect you're not the first to ask this question, but my first-pass of the forums didn't seem to strike gold (anyone else?).

Will the user be "drilling down" in any order { City, Country, State, Zip ==> GO! }

Or in sequential order { Country, State, City, Zip ==> GO! } ?

Also-- is it possible to attach a small .twbx of non-sensitive data so that folks in the forum will not only have a clear picture of your issue, but will be able to write & test code to help you out?

Thanks! --Michael