2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2016 11:08 PM by Arasu

how to add veriance in predifined field ?

Arasu

Hey Guys ,

I am facing some difficulty here.

I have one field called calcname

in that we have WTD TY and WTD LY

now i need to add Var% below WTD TY and WTD LY.

Could you please let me know - how to achieve this.

attached screen for the understanding

Thanks in advance

Kavi C.

• 1. Re: how to add veriance in predifined field ?
          Andrew Hills

The quick workaround would be to create a field with iif functions in the calculation

So something like:

( SUM(IIF([calcname]="WTD TY",[Output],0)) / SUM(IIF([calcname]="WTD LY",[Output],0)) ) - 1

There are probably better, more elegant ways...and not got tableau open at the moment....but I've always used the IIF to do comparisons....

• 2. Re: how to add veriance in predifined field ?
            Arasu

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your reply..the above calculation is not able to get the output of my requirement.. i want to show the Var% for all the corresponding measures..

Like,

WTD TY       Measure 1(Value)  Measure 2(Value)  Measure 3(Value)  Measure 4 (Value)

WTD LY       Measure 1(Value)  Measure 2(Value)  Measure 3(Value)  Measure 4 (Value)

Var%            Measure 1(Value)  Measure 2(Value)  Measure 3(Value)  Measure 4 (Value)

The same format i have attached in the png file..so i have WTD TY and WTD LY value..further i need to create down the Var% of WTD TY and WTD LY.. we are getting this WTD TY & WTD LY values from dimension column "Calname"...

So any one can please help me out of this..

Thanks,

Kavi C