8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2016 7:51 AM by Yudiell Hernandez

Goal Chart

André Coelho

Hi guys.

I'm trying to build a goal chart.

The idea is: we have [Sellers], [Date] and [Value U$]. Sellers have different goals they can reach month over month. I want to see in which target seller actualy are.

There are three different goals (Red, Yellow, Green) each one correspond to a value.

e.g: The Red Goal's values start at 250U$ on January and keep increasing 250U$ month over month.

The YellowGoal's values start at 500U$ on January and keep increasing 500U$ month over month.

The Green Goal's values start at 1000U$ on January and keep increasing 1000U$ month over month.

The problem here is: Sellers don't sell every month, so there are gaps in the graph between months, running total on the [Value U$] solved this. But, the lines corresponding to the goals keep breaking. I want to see continuous lines for each goal.

I attached the workbook here.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Goal Chart
          Yudiell Hernandez

Hi Andre,

Replace each of the calculated measures with these:

Added RUNNUNG_SUM(ZN(LOOKUP([CURRENT CALC MEASURE],0)))

RUNNING_SUM(ZN(LOOKUP(AVG([Meta Green - Sienge]),0)))

RUNNING_SUM(ZN(LOOKUP(AVG([Meta RED - Sienge]),0)))

RUNNING_SUM(ZN(LOOKUP(SUM([U$]),0)))

RUNNING_SUM(ZN(LOOKUP(AVG([Meta Yellow - Sienge]),0)))

• 2. Re: Goal Chart
            André Coelho

Hi Yudiell.

I replaced the measures for the calcs you showed, but it didn't work fine.

I'll attach the workbook here. Can you explain me better? What I'm doing wrong?

• 3. Re: Goal Chart
              Yudiell Hernandez

It looks fine to me.

Is this what you are trying to accomplish?

2016_06_28_09_09_18_Tableau_BTeste_goal.jpg

Regards,

Yudiell

• 4. Re: Goal Chart
                André Coelho

Green Goal: for January the value is 1000, for February 2000, ...., for December 12000. For each month the value increases 1000.

Yellow Goal: for January the value is 500, for February 1000, ...For each month the value increases 500.

Red Goal: for January the value is 250, for February 500, ...For each month the value increases 250.

This is what I'm trying to accomplish.

Hope you can help me.

Regards,

André

• 5. Re: Goal Chart
                  Yudiell Hernandez

Hi Andre,

The problem that I see is that in your data source Panilha1 the last record ends in June 1. Tableau takes that as the last record of your data set. You need the rest of them July, August, September, October, November and December.

You have ran out of data for the rest of the months on Panilha1.

Regards,

Yudiell

• 6. Re: Goal Chart
                    Yudiell Hernandez

Hi Andre,

The problem that I see is that in your data source Panilha1 the last record ends in June 1. Tableau takes that as the last record of your data set. You need the rest of them July, August, September, October, November and December.

You have ran out of data for the rest of the months on Panilha1.

And if you need those values (250, 500, 1000) for each month you need a place holder date value on your date field for each Seller on Panilha1.

What I'm trying to say is that the issue is in the data source rather than in tableau (Missing Data).

Regards,

Yudiell

• 7. Re: Goal Chart
                      Yudiell Hernandez

Use a Left Join,

Then try an Inner Join In tableau and watch what happens to the green line on B after April.

Regards,

Yudiell