1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 28, 2016 11:42 AM by Aaron Clancy

Javascript API get all marks on a specific worksheet of a dashboard

Aaron Clancy

Hi All,

Im trying to do the following:

Load a viz with the Javascript API.

Then, with click actions from one sheet, filter another sheet on the same dashboard.

After I've clicked my desired items, I would like to have an HTML button that "grabs" all the visible mark details for the second sheet to be used elsewhere.

Here is the current approach I am using:

First I create an index on my marks in the view.

Here is the function I am using to select the first N number of marks from the final sheet after the click actions have been applied.

function highlightAll(){

viz.getWorkbook().activateSheetAsync(0);

var view = viz.getWorkbook().getActiveSheet().getWorksheets();

worksheet = view[3];

items = [];

for (N=1;N<100;N++){

items.push(N);     

};

worksheet.selectMarksAsync({"AGG(index)":items},tableau.SelectionUpdateType.ADD);  

};

In the above example, my thought was to assign an index in the sheet to each mark, then iterate through all values with selectMarksAsync()  (assuming I wanted first 100 etc...)

Then I could use the marks_selection event listener, but this is messy.

Is there a way to do this without having to select all the marks first before being able to access the values?

Any help as greatly appreciated

• 1. Re: Javascript API get all marks on a specific worksheet of a dashboard
          Aaron Clancy

I figured out the index loop made no sense so I replaced it with a static calculated field called "all"  with a value of "all."

The code is now more concise and accounts for any N number of values:

function test(){

var view = viz.getWorkbook().getActiveSheet().getWorksheets();

worksheet = view[3];

worksheet.selectMarksAsync("all","all",tableau.SelectionUpdateType.ADD);

};

But I would still like to know if there's a way to do this without having to select the marks.