2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2016 1:13 AM by Egor Larin

Extract update fails with error: DataSourceException: Unable to resolve javascript function _wdc The table

Egor Larin

Hello community!

We are trying to implement WDC on our Tableau Server.

But when I'm trying to update the extract it fails with that error:

"com.tableausoftware.nativeapi.dll.DataSourceException: Unable to resolve javascript function _wdc The table "[TableauTemp].[webdata-direct.012a1i208bcyuo1gb3s7m1bg1mdc]" does not exist. Unable to connect to the server "PRIMARYNODENAME".

Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database"

So our scenario is that:

1. We have cluster with 4 nodes:tableau cluster.png
      2. Create a WDC and place it on WDCHOSTNAME
      3. Import the connector to node with gateway service (primary): \\WDCHOSTNAME\webdataconnectors\test_connector.html
      4. Use the URL address in Tableau Desktop after importing to Tableau Server: https://PRIMARYNODENAME:443/webdataconnectors/test_connector.html
      5. I'm able to run the query from Tableau Desktop and generate the extract and refresh it manually.
      6. Also I can reach that connector from primary node before importing with WDCHOSTNAME address
      7. After publishing workbook with this connection and trying to update the extract it fails with the error above

What am I doing wrong?

Please help with any advise

Egor