4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2016 9:06 AM by Luciano Vasconcelos

Bubble chart with time series

tanya.kanwar.0

Hi,

I am trying to build  a bubble chart using time series. My bubbles will show the name of the accounts for particular month & year.

What i am looking for is : for Jan, suppose accounts were 3 and Feb accounts 5, march accounts 2 etc.. I want my dashboard to show Jan - 3 bubbles , for feb- it shows 3 bubbles of Jan plus 5 new bubbles for Feb, for march - previous 8 bubbles and 2 more.. something like this..can someone help how to do it..?

As of now, I get 3 bubbles for Jan and when my time series move from Jan to Feb, Jan bubbles disappear and I see 5 bubbles for Feb only.

How do i  make my dashboard keep adding bubbles. Please let em know if u want more clarity.

Thanks !

• 1. Re: Bubble chart with time series
          Felipe Weber garcia

Hello,

If you could share the TWBX file would be easier to help you.

I believe that you should use the Running Sum table calculation , and uncheck the option in the analysis menu "Add action " .

See you

• 2. Re: Bubble chart with time series
            Luciano Vasconcelos

You probably do not have customers from January in February. Your problem is data , not Tableau . Also this is not a bubble chart . A bubble chart requires two measure axes and you just want to count how many are cumulative customers. You can get this number with Running_ Sum, but will not be able to show who they are.

• 3. Re: Bubble chart with time series
              tanya.kanwar.0

Hi, Thank u for the reply.

Well I was able to build motion time series through the bubble chart.

The only problem I am facing is, I am getting MTD values whereas I am looking for YTD values ie for Jan suppose Account ABC had 150USD revenue, for Feb if the revenue is 300, i should see the YTD value as 450CAD(150+300)..

any clue how do i do it..? My metric is set to Sum(Total revenue)..

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Bubble chart with time series
                Luciano Vasconcelos

Post a twbx if you can. It makes easier for us to help you.

Enviado do meu iPhone

Em 27 de jun de 2016, às 12:06, tanya kanwar <tableaucommunity@tableau.com> escreveu:

Tableau Support Community

Bubble chart with time series

resposta de tanya kanwar em Forums - Visualize a discussão completa

Hi, Thank u for the reply.

Well I was able to build motion time series through the bubble chart.

The only problem I am facing is, I am getting MTD values whereas I am looking for YTD values ie for Jan suppose Account ABC had 150USD revenue, for Feb if the revenue is 300, i should see the YTD value as 450CAD(150+300)..

any clue how do i do it..? My metric is set to Sum(Total revenue)..

Responda a esta mensagem respondendo a este e-mail ou vá para a mensagem em Tableau Support Community

Inicie uma nova discussão em Forums por e-mail ou em Tableau Support Community

Seguindo Bubble chart with time series nestes fluxos: Caixa de Entrada

Este e-mail foi enviado por Tableau Support Community porque você é um usuário registrado. Você pode cancelar a assinatura da Tableau Support Community agora mesmo ou ajustar a frequência de e-mail nas preferências do seu e-mail