6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2016 4:02 PM by kaifeng zeng

TabJolt -  I could not hit the server from ServerTestConfig.yaml

Sathyapriya Subburaj

@C:\TabJolt>go --t=testplans\InteractVizLoadTest.jmx --d=6 --c=25

[2016-06-23 09:59:04,303] Perf harness is started with parameters: --rootPath=C:

\TabJolt --t=testplans\InteractVizLoadTest.jmx --d=6 --c=25

[2016-06-23 09:59:04,625] Loading PerfTestConfig yaml file C:\TabJolt\config\Per

fTestConfig.yaml

[2016-06-23 09:59:05,577] Loading ServerTestConfig yaml file C:\TabJolt\config\S

erverTestConfig.yaml

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

at com.tableausoftware.test.tools.perfRunHarness.Main.main(Main.java:74)

Caused by: com.tableausoftware.test.server.configuration.ConfigurationException:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: Could not load any configuration objects

at com.tableausoftware.test.server.configuration.ServerTestConfig.loadCo

nfiguration(ServerTestConfig.java:93)

nfiguration(ServerTestConfig.java:105)

at com.tableausoftware.test.server.configuration.ServerTestConfig.getIns

tance(ServerTestConfig.java:153)

tance(ServerTestConfig.java:140)

at com.tableausoftware.test.server.configuration.ServerTestConfig.<clini

t>(ServerTestConfig.java:69)

... 1 more

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Could not load any configuration objec

ts

at com.tableausoftware.test.server.configuration.AbstractConfig.loadConf

iguration(AbstractConfig.java:190)

iguration(AbstractConfig.java:84)

nfiguration(ServerTestConfig.java:91)

... 5 more

C:\TabJolt>

• 1. Re: TabJolt -  I could not hit the server from ServerTestConfig.yaml
          Russell Christopher

Formatting of this file is important. You added one carriage return (after "name") and deleted another (after your username). You also didn't put a <space> between the property name and property value:

Good:

name: hello

BAD:

name:hello

Was:

users:

- !!com.tableausoftware.test.server.configuration.User         

name:

a.username          password:a.password

}

Should Be:

users:

- !!com.tableausoftware.test.server.configuration.User         

name: a.username

password: a.passsword

• 2. Re: TabJolt -  I could not hit the server from ServerTestConfig.yaml
            Kristian Di Gaetano

Hey Russell,

We are getting the same error.  I followed your advice with formatting, but to no avail.  Could it be anything else?

Kristian

• 3. Re: TabJolt -  I could not hit the server from ServerTestConfig.yaml
              Kristian Di Gaetano

Actually our error is similar, but not the same.  Here it is:

[2016-07-01 13:24:06,027] Perf harness is started with parameters: --rootPath=c:

\tabjolt --t=testplans\InteractVizLoadTest.jmx --d=60 --c=1

[2016-07-01 13:24:06,132] Loading PerfTestConfig yaml file c:\tabjolt\config\Per

1. fTestConfig.yaml

[2016-07-01 13:24:06,212] Loading ServerTestConfig yaml file c:\tabjolt\config\S

1. erverTestConfig.yaml

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

at com.tableausoftware.test.tools.perfRunHarness.Main.main(Main.java:74)

Caused by: com.tableausoftware.test.server.configuration.ConfigurationException:

Read empty configuration settings from: /C:/tabjolt/config/ServerTestConfig.yam

l

at com.tableausoftware.test.server.configuration.ConfigurationFileParser

.parseConfigResource(ConfigurationFileParser.java:122)

iguration(AbstractConfig.java:135)

iguration(AbstractConfig.java:84)

nfiguration(ServerTestConfig.java:91)

nfiguration(ServerTestConfig.java:105)

tance(ServerTestConfig.java:153)

tance(ServerTestConfig.java:140)

at com.tableausoftware.test.server.configuration.ServerTestConfig.<clini

t>(ServerTestConfig.java:69)

... 1 more

• 4. Re: TabJolt -  I could not hit the server from ServerTestConfig.yaml
                kaifeng zeng

could you please share your servertestconfig.yaml file? You could revert your servertestconfig.yaml to the one from the tabjolt zip file to ensure that there is no typo. Then try to change the settings one by one.

• 5. Re: TabJolt -  I could not hit the server from ServerTestConfig.yaml
                  Kristian Di Gaetano

This has a cleaned up version of the file.  I do need to understand what the server format (hostUri) needs to be please.  Also do we need to have Server Admin rights or will Site Admin rights work for this?

Thank you

• 6. Re: TabJolt -  I could not hit the server from ServerTestConfig.yaml
                    kaifeng zeng

YAML file doesn't allow tabs. For some reason, I see you have converted some of the spaces to tabs in servertestconfig.yaml and that is why is failing. I will suggest you to revert back to the one from tabjolt zip file to ensure that you start off from the clean state.

The host uri will be

hostUri: http://server

or

hostUri: https://server

if you have configured SSL.

You don't need to have server admin or site admin right.