4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2016 7:01 AM by Tom W

Diverging staked bar chart

Diogo Braga

I need to create the diverging stacked bar chart shown below on the workbook attached.

2016-06-22_1625.png

• 1. Re: Diverging staked bar chart
          Tom W

I think this is what you're after.

The keys here;

• Create a dimension to determine if the response value is negative or positive so we can split.
          • Create a dual axis with the left side being for positive numbers only, the right side being for negative values only.
          • Set the positive values axis to be reversed so it aligns to the 'right' which is the middle.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Diverging staked bar chart
            Tom W

Diogo,

I deleted your other thread as you can feel free to add additional related questions to this thread. If the context or subject changes too much, sometimes you'll be asked to start a new one. It's helpful to have the context here and my example attached;

Your question was "Look at this example, 21% + 26% should clearly be represented with a longer bar when compared with 10% + 12%, but that's not the case."

This is because the axis ranges for the dual axis need to be configured. Show the header for both the measures (right click the green pill, select show header), right click the axis at the top and bottom of the chart and select Edit Axis.

• 3. Re: Diverging staked bar chart
              Diogo Braga

Thank you! I was previously asked to start a new discussion for new questions (even if related to an existing discussion).

• 4. Re: Diverging staked bar chart
                Tom W

Use your judgement. If it's an extension of the first question, I think it makes sense to keep going in the original thread, especially if it's easy like this.

If it's more like "Ok now I've done this, how do I take it and go in a completely different direction?" then I think it warrants another thread.