1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 23, 2016 8:25 AM by Zainab AlFarsi

how to get mean and standard deviation and compare it to a value

Zainab AlFarsi

I have a data that compose of three attributes , section, score , type . I want to compute the mean and standard deviation of one type say the Minus and then compare individual values of the other types if it is within 2 or 3 standard deviation from the mean.

I started by creating a calculated field to compute the mean and standard deviation of type (minus) by filtering the type to minus value and then compute the mean and standard deviation. then I created another calculated field to compare the other types (plus) and (no signal) to (minus) mean and standard deviation but I failed as it show that there is an error in the calculation and I got a message that I can't mix aggregate value with non aggregate values.

Can anyone help with this, the data is attached.

• 1. Re: how to get mean and standard deviation and compare it to a value
          Zainab AlFarsi

apologies maybe I wasn't clear in the question.

I change the question to the following:

I have two dataset dataset A and dataset B , dataset A has 23 records and dataset B has 200 records, I want to plot two instagrams for both datasets in the same plot area to compare them , additionally  I want to get the records in dataset B that are 2 standard deviation away from the mean of the dataset A.

Can anyone help me with this. I searched on how to get mean and standard deviation as a start and then creating a calculated field to compare the records in dataset B with the mean of dataset A but I failed.