4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2016 11:13 PM by Rohit Khudabadi

How to place two sheets one below the other and change it by using selector as per user's choice

Rohit Khudabadi

Hello Everyone,

I have two sheets in my dashboard, which I need to keep it one below the other. And change it by the selector.

Please let me know if this thing is possible or not. If not whats the best way to achieve my requirement.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: How to place two sheets one below the other and change it by using selector as per user's choice
          Rohan Malusare

Hi Rohit,

Can you provide any sample workbook?

Regards,

Rohan Malusare

• 2. Re: How to place two sheets one below the other and change it by using selector as per user's choice
            Sreenadha Reddy Palakolanu

Hi Rohit,

Definitely that is possible in dashboard.For selector,

Goto your selector  filter and view the properties

menu---->Apply to worksheets--->Selected Worksheets-->(You can choose your two work sheets and click on OK).

Now it's Working as your requested.

Regards,

Sreenadha Reddy Palakolanu

• 3. Re: How to place two sheets one below the other and change it by using selector as per user's choice
              Steve Burger

Rohit,

Sounds like you want to use the old, 'hidden layout container' technique.  Here are example steps, I'll attach the sample workbook showing the end result. If I'm right, please mark this response as correct to assist others in finding it quickly.

1. Construct a view for each condition. In this example I have a line chart for sales by a.) Year, b.) Month and c.) Day. (Tabs are colored Blue.)
              2. Create a Parameter describing each of the selections you want to offer the user. Data Type: String, Allowable Values: List. In my case it’s the Year, Month, or Day selection.

3. Create the calculated field that will serve as your filter condition for hiding / revealing the selected views on the dashboard. A case statement works best for this.  It will create a flagged condition based on the users Parameter selection.

4. Create a New Dashboard. Drag in a Horizontal layout container to the blank dashboard. Then drag a Vertical layout container into that. Then drag your three views one on top of another.

5. On each of the views in the dash, right click at the title of each view, Year, Month and Day, and select “Hide Title” for each, hiding the titles for each of the views in the dashboard. (If you don’t do this step, the views title will remain and not be “hidden”.)

6. Go back to each of the individual views and place the recently created calculated field on the Filters shelf of each of the three views. DO NOT worry about selecting/clicking a box or filter condition at this time. Simply put it in the Filter shelf and click “OK”.

7. Go to the first view, right click on the Parameter name on the Parameter list and select “Show Parameter Control”. Choose the Parameter option appropriate for that view. For example, I’m on the Year view and I will select Year from my Parameter list on this view. NOW, right click on the “Show Data Format Filter” pill on the Filter shelf, choose “Edit Filter” and place a check box in what should be the only filter options “Show Year”. (The View should re-appear). Repeat each of these steps in each of the other views. Make sure you change the Parameter Control (Date Format Selector) to the appropriate value for that view, before editing the Filter!!!!

8. Return to the Dashboard. One of the three views should be revealed and the other two should be hidden. Right click in the upper right of the view, select the Parameter option from the list, and then from the sub-list the parameter used to select. (Date Format Selector for our example).

9. Test away! You should be in business.
              • 4. Re: How to place two sheets one below the other and change it by using selector as per user's choice
                Rohit Khudabadi

Hi Steve,

Thanks a lot. This worked for me. Thanks for explaining in detail.