2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2016 12:44 AM by ahmed.hasnaoui

INDEX() in Gantt Chart confusing

ahmed.hasnaoui

I have a gantt chart for project timeline, where I want to reduce the view to one row (= one project).

I tried a solution from here: How to deal with large customer base when showing customer profile history

But in my case INDEX() is returning for all the rows only 1 and I don't want to use filter because in a dashboard the projects timeline overview sheet will hold the action filter so I click on the project in the overview and get details below where only one project is visible.

While writing this question I figured out, that this is because of the Pivot field values (generated with the pivot option in the data source sheet) I use to place some date dimensions on a second axis as milestone markers.

As I need these milestone markers in my visualization I can't remove them.

So my question is:

How can I restrict the Gantt Chart to show only 1 row (eventually per page?)?

My goal is it to use this then for a more detailed view.

Thank you.

Cheers.

• 1. Re: INDEX() in Gantt Chart confusing
          Tom W

Hi Ahmed,

Please attach a Tableau Packaged Workbook.

It's likely you're setting the table calculation incorrect for the Index field, but it's hard to say without seeing your workbook

• 2. Re: INDEX() in Gantt Chart confusing
            ahmed.hasnaoui

Hi Tom, yes I needed some time first so I thought the question might be answered already before I finished the example. Here is it:

CIDX is the calcluted index, I wasn't able to simply get every row a increasing number starting with 1.

I think this is because of pivoting like I mentioned already, but I can't go without pivoting...

edit: I just saw that because of the cidx the milestone markers are in some cases not on the same axis as its project...this is a problem too