2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2016 1:48 PM by Wei Xiong

histogram plot for average sales

Wei Xiong

Hi all, I am a beginner in Tableau and trying to figure out how to use Tableau to draw histograms.

In particular, the following is the question:

The data format is as follows:

department

id

month

sales

I would like to plot the histogram for the average sales (by month, as there are many same months) by each id for each segment (segment is a category here). Also ids in different department are different. Ideally if we can put these histograms side by side across the segments.

But I could not figure out how to do it in Tableau. Any one knows? Or probably I will need to create additional datasets?

Thanks,

Wei

• 1. Re: histogram plot for average sales
          Tom W

This sounds incredibly straight forward but it's hard to tell without the data you're using.

Can you please start by providing a Tableau Packaged Workbook with some sample data?

• 2. Re: histogram plot for average sales
            Wei Xiong

thanks for your help, the file is attached. There is one additional variable called id.

The following is revised question:

I would like to plot the histogram for the average sales (by month, as there are many same months) by each id for each segment (segment is a category here). Also ids in different department are different. Ideally if we can put these histograms side by side across the segments.

Thanks!