4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2016 5:39 AM by Alastair Young

Permission issue

sudhakar sangangiri

Below is the detailed description of the issue.

The issue is related to permission.

A User is restricted to particular projects and has access to one project. when the user login, he should see the workbooks of projects to which he has access too. But when user click on the workbooks tab he is able to see all the workbooks irrelevant to project which he has access too.

Example : If a user has an access to project ‘A’ and denied to project ‘B’ and ‘C’. When a user login he is able to see the workbooks in all the projects(‘A’,’B’,’C’) but it should not be the case he should be restricted to workbooks in project ‘A’.

Regards,

Sudhakar Reddy

• 1. Re: Permission issue
          Alastair Young

Sudhakar,

I would check the permissions you have assigned to the All Users on each of the additional projects. At a guess, this is more than likely where your issue lies.

Make sure you have set these permissions to none and recheck

Alastair

• 2. Re: Permission issue
            sudhakar sangangiri

Hello young,

Thanks for the response.

even after all the users are assigned none.it does't work.

let me brief you the issue.

User is denied to particular projects, since he has a denied access to the projects. User should not see the workbooks within that projects but the user is able to see all the workbooks of projects which is denied for him(user).

hope this information helps you understand my requirement.

looking forward for all your response.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sudhakar Reddy

• 3. Re: Permission issue
              Jeff D

Hi Sudhakar, if a user has permission to view a workbook, then they will be able to see it, regardless of the project permissions.  The solution is to deny users access to the workbooks.

If you don't want to change the permissions on each workbook, take a look at locking the project permissions:

Quick Start: Lock Content Permissions to a Project

• 4. Re: Permission issue
                Alastair Young

Sudhakar,

Is the user part of a Group? And what is the layout of the Sites, and Projects.  Is this specific user level permissions you are assigning?

The only other quick option is to ensure the assign to contents button has been clicked.  I would also remove the permission and try to reassign it.

Alastair