2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2016 11:06 PM by Lance Martens

Assistance required with “Filtering Data Across Multiple Data Sources” on a Dashboard

Lance Martens

Hi All,

I would appreciate any assistance with regards how to go about compiling a “filter” on my dashboard to change the view of two sheets from different data sources.

Note!

o   Data Source 1 - vw_MODEL_Delays (ug.vw_MODEL_Delays) (SORD)

o   Data Source 2 - vw_UG_Production (ug.vw_UG_Production) (SORD)

o   UG Business Unit = Site (with regards attached Workbook Data sources)

o   Production Unit Name = Production Unit (with regards attached Workbook Data sources)

Current Logic: (reference attached Workbook for context)

• I have a dashboard “Site Performance” that reports on two primary measures, namely “Operating Time” and “Production Performance”
      • Each measure has a filter for selecting the required UG Business Unit / Site
      • Each measure has a filter for selecting the required Production Unit Name / Production Unit
      • Meaning I have to manually change four filters each time to match the required measures and fields (see dashboard for context)
      • I have no option to link the filters because they are referencing different data sources

Required: (reference attached Workbook for context)

• I would like to have “only two Filters”, one for jointly selecting the UG Business Unit / Site and the other the  Unit Name / Production Unit, each with a single action.

Cheers,

Lance