1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 4:19 PM by Adam.Cogswell

Including a count of nulls

Gennady Beyzarov

I am attaching a sample for clarification.

Basically, I have 35 areas that are tracked for performance on a quarterly basis. Measure #1 is represented in Table #1 (in the attached) and measure #2 is represented by Table #2. So far I have data for 4 quarters for each of the 35 areas for 2 measures.

The attached indicates the number of areas (out of 35) that beat their benchmark for the number of quarters.

Table 1 (partially replicated below) indicates that 3 areas beat their benchmark for 1 of 4 quarters, 13 beat their benchmark for 2 of 4 quarters, 12 beat their benchmark for 3 of 4 quarters, and 7 areas beat their benchmark for all 4 quarters. The data source is from a pivot table that is counting how many areas beat the benchmark for 1 quarter, 2 quarters, etc. I added the 0 (first column) manually because since there were no units that failed to beat their benchmark for any of the 4 quarters, Tableau isn't displaying that header (which is the problem).

Table #2 (in the attachment) indicates the same as table 1 but has the 0 column because for that measure, there was 1 area that did not beat its benchmark for any of the 4 quarters.

I need there to be a 0 column and to have it indicate 0 (for the number of areas that did not beat their benchmark).

And as I add on quarters, I need the measures to always have all the headings of 0, 1, 2, 3, etc.regardless of if the count is 0. But right now, if there aren’t any areas that beat their benchmark for say 3 quarters, the 3 will not be there.

Hope that makes sense. Thank you.