2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 12:38 AM by David Heinz

Using different dimensions and hierarchy levels in a pie chart

David Heinz

Hey guys,

I try to create a pie chart that shows me the turnover of different distribution channels (online, wholesale, franchise, retail etc.) To distinguish these distribution channels, I created different sets. (I have a main category consisting of different sub-categories and so forth. The franchise distribution channel, for instance, only includes specific parts of the subcategory, what is why created the sets).

Now I want to apply the sets to the pie chart, so that it shows me the share of each distribution channel. Somehow it doesn't really work.

Does anyone of you have an idea?

Best, David

• 1. Re: Using different dimensions and hierarchy levels in a pie chart
          Steve Taylor

Hello David

Rather than creating separate sets for each distribution channel, have you thought of using a Case statement (or IF statement if there's more than one condition that puts a sub-category in a distribution channel)?

I've attached an example using superstore data where the field 'Distribution channel' is calculated using a case statement.

Let me know if this doesn't provide a solution you can use.

Steve

• 2. Re: Using different dimensions and hierarchy levels in a pie chart
            David Heinz

Hi Steve,

thank you for your response!

Unfortunately I use cube data, so I cannot simply apply the dimensions or sub-categories to the case statement.

Further, the structure looks like the following:

I have one main category (cost centers/Kostenstellen). This dimension includes several subcategories for instance (Kostenstelle). Under this sub-category, we have all our stores, the online shop, wholesale stores etc.

I want to assort some of the stores to a set called "retail". Other cost centers should form the set called "wholesale"  and so forth.

Do you have any idea how to apply these sets to a graph?

Thanks in advance!Dimensions.PNGcost centers.PNG