1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 13, 2016 2:04 PM by Toby Erkson

If I re-publish a worksheet, will this affect the embedded versions of it onto my website?

Sophie Udubasceanu

If I re-publish a worksheet, will this update the embedded versions of it onto my website? Or will they disappear? Will the embedded code disappear?

What changes can you do to a worksheet once it is published and embedded into a website page? Newbie in Tableau, Many thanks guys!

• 1. Re: If I re-publish a worksheet, will this affect the embedded versions of it onto my website?
          Toby Erkson

Sophie Udubasceanu wrote:

1. If I re-publish a worksheet, will this update the embedded versions of it onto my website?
          2. Or will they disappear?
          3. Will the embedded code disappear?
          4. What changes can you do to a worksheet once it is published and embedded into a website page? Newbie in Tableau, Many thanks guys!

1.  Yes.  This is because those worksheets are still located on the Tableau Server, not in your website.  Your website is merely calling them to display from the Tableau Server.

2.  No.  Well, unless you change the name of your workbook or worksheets (views).

3.  Embedded code?  I don't understand.

4.  If the worksheet has parameters or filters you can adjust those.  If Web Editing is allowed then you can manipulate the worksheet somewhat like you would in Desktop.