1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 10, 2016 2:00 PM by Joe Oppelt

Question: How can I make charts on a dashboard have the same scale?

Jake Cluff

I've attached a screenshot of 3 charts I have on a dashboard.  I want to make the scale the same across all 3 charts but am unsure how to do this. I've googled this and have searched the forums but didn't find a post about this topic.

Could someone point me in the right direction? (Basically I don't the bars of the 2nd and 3rd chart to be taller than the 1st chart)

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Question: How can I make charts on a dashboard have the same scale?
          Joe Oppelt

If all three measures are coming from the same data source, you can do a MAX of the three measures (even though only one measure is being displayed on each sheet), and then add a reference line to all three sheets that is a max of the max of those three measures.  The reference line can be made invisible so that users won't know it's there.

Having that max of max reference line will force all three sheets to have a mark at the high end, and they'll all line up for you.

If you want more detail, upload a workbook and we can discuss it with a specific example.

PS:  I would probably pad that max of max by an additional 5%.  Play with that.