Please apply online through the link above. Job ID: 8287
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Quantative Analyst, Lean Analytics Jedi
CALLING ALL DATA GEEKS! We are looking for creative and motivated individuals who, like us, have a passion for data, innovation, problem-solving, and continuous improvement. Do you enjoy learning something new every day? Do you constantly strive to make things better and hate the phrase “This is how we’ve always done it”? If you answered yes to both of these questions then we are looking for people just like you to join our Operations team!
In this role, you can expect to:
- Support Content Management reporting needs by: gathering and documenting thorough requirements; identifying, preparing and analyzing data; creating ad hoc or persistent reports; and providing actionable insights to business users.
- Become a subject matter expert on the data, data structures, and processes surrounding data flow for the Content Management department and apply that knowledge to answer business questions.
- Develop processes, procedures and formats for data analysis and reporting, with an emphasis on streamlining existing processes and integrating various sources of data.
The ideal candidate is able to:
- Extract and prepare data from multiple large data sets for use in analysis and reporting
- Quickly identify patterns in data and processes
- Perform analysis and create reporting solutions that lead to actionable insights
- Present and communicate data findings and provide recommendations
- Design, develop, and support interactive reports
- Collaborate with business intelligence and technical teams to advocate for data requirements
- Understand how data and data visualization provide business value, and help business users gain value from data
- Understand and analyze processes, and identify opportunities for improvement and efficiency
- Gather requirements from business users and translate them into technical and visual requirements
- Work well independently and collaboratively
- Work well with minimal supervision, a self-starter
- Manage and drive projects, and be an active participant on project teams
- Positive Attitude
- Good Judgement
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to Understand
- Team Player
- Excel spreadsheets (macros, formulas and functions) 2-5 Years of experience
- Relational Databases (querying, creation, schemas) 2-5 Years of experience
- Bachelors Degree in the field or 4 years equivalent experience
- Tableau or other data visualization and Business Intelligence tools (Tableau experience a big plus)
- SQL for queries and data preparation
- Lean methodologies and tools such as Six Sigma, Agile, Kanban, SAFe, A3 Management
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, Ruby, PHP
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ***, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.