5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2016 9:20 AM by khalid norat

Trend line should not change when filter is selected

Mandar Deshpande

Hello guys,

I have one trend line chart, in which I am showing one normal trend line and and other line is Average.

My requirement is that whenever I change the filter, only the other trend line (without average) should get changed.But as of now both trend lines are being changed as per the selection of filter.

How to fix the average trend line so that it should not get changed after changing the filter.

Thanks,

Mandar Deshpande.

• 1. Re: Trend line should not change when filter is selected
          khalid norat

What you need to do is create a calculated field using LOD formulas on the level you would like the average line to be fixed on and add this to your visualisation as a dual axis chart.

If you attach a sample workbook I can help you with this.

• 2. Re: Trend line should not change when filter is selected
            Mandar Deshpande

Hi Khalid,

Thanks for your quick reply

and apologies for late reply.

I have resolved that problem by using data blending,

I have one datasource which is primary from which I am fetching average values for single member.

For example. lets say I have to show  average trend for to  one customer for its purchase , to achieve this I have filter on customer id.

and for average trend of all customer i created new data source and from that fetching average trend for all the customers.

and whenever I change the filter only customer average trend is getting changed and not the average trend for all the customer.

Now I am facing another issue with table component.

I have to show values in table component but instead of member values asterisk (' * ')  is being displayed.

I have done some RnD, and found out that there should be atleast one column from primary datasource.

I have one column primary datasource in my table but still I am facing this issue

Please let me if you know the solution to this problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Mandar Deshpande.

• 3. Re: Trend line should not change when filter is selected
              khalid norat

Is it possible for you to share a sample packaged workbook with this issue so I can have a better understanding of what you are trying to achieve

• 4. Re: Trend line should not change when filter is selected
                Mandar Deshpande

HI Khalid ,

Thank you for your time.

I am working with very sensitive data, so I am unable to share the packaged workbook.

For understanding, I will attached the superstore sample data packaged workbook.

Thanks and Regards,

• 5. Re: Trend line should not change when filter is selected
                  khalid norat

Look forward to the shared workbook

In the meantime you can try the following

Create calculated field as :

{exclude [Filter 1] , [Filter 2] , [Filter 3] : Avg([Measure Field]}

Where filter 1 2 3 should be the fields you are filtering on that you don't want to affect your average.

You can have just one filter here or more.

Use this Calculated field instead of your Avg Field