1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 12, 2016 11:33 AM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Add totals based on top 10-20 HC in a chart?

Vikash Kumar

Hi I need your help on two items. I have 3 dashboard in one file.

1> I have created a chart where I am showing top 10 or 20 Headcounts, now I want to show the total of only top 10 or 20 headcount how will I do it. I have used Window sum function which works fine with one dashboard but when I am trying to do the same in other dashboard it doesn't work... why? also alternately what can I do ?

IF FIRST()==0 THEN WINDOW_SUM(SUM([CaseType_Red_Summary])) END

What do I need to do to get the total in the same file but other dashboard????

2> I want total of legends( which should change per filter)  in a separate dashboard, how will I do it?

PS : I have used these totals in a sheet and use it like a text label to show the total.

• 1. Re: Add totals based on top 10-20 HC in a chart?
          Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Hello Vikash,

If possible please supply a workbook so that others can see your work and the specific issue. A lot of the answers provided are dependent on seeing a bit of the data involved.

For the first item - when dealing with a top x and trying to get a total for them, I would try to get those values to appear with a calculation that only returns the values for the selected top n values and then create a different view that just has the totals.  See the attached example workbook with the dashboard that shows a dyanamic top N with grand total that adjusts based on the selection of top N.  I utilized a horizontal layout container to make the totals move up/down wit the selected number of Top n. 

For the second item - does the dashboard provided get you what you are looking for?  I need a bit more details here to help.

I hope this helps.

Patrick