14 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2016 3:04 AM by khalid norat

Hide children projects and display only master project

Jaspreet Narang

Hey guys,

I am going to explain the issue I am facing with an example – My data source contains two extracts and the second one is basically a copy of the first one to avoid duplicate values because of the one to many connection in the first data source. I have a column called “PGM” where P defines a project which rolls into a program and M defines a project which rolls into a master project. I have another column called “Master/Program” where M defines the master project itself. In my view, I am showing programs and the projects that roll into the program, along with the projects that roll into a master project and the independent projects. The issue I am facing is that management wants to see the master projects as independent projects and not the children of that master project. Is it possible to roll up the values of the master projects and hide the children projects on my view?

Below is the view of the projects that contain both the projects that roll into a program along with the projects that roll into a master and the independent projects.

2.PNG

Secondly, I want to treat the master project as an independent project and continue doing all the operations that I am currently doing in the view.

1.PNG

I have attached the workbook also. (Tableau version 9.0)

Thanks and Best Regards,

Jesse