1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 16, 2016 9:04 AM by Nathanael Underwood

Ignore filters in Grand Totals

Camille Dallamano

Hi,

We are currently facing an issue to get Grand Totals behaving as expected.

We want to have several Totals:

- The subtotal of each measure for all displayed countries (in rows)

- The monthly subtotal of each measure for all displayed countries (columns)

- The row Grand Total of each measure without taking into account the country filter

- The column Grand Total of each measure without taking into account the date filter

The subtotals are alright. My issue stands with the Grand Totals. We want to row Grand Totals to ignore the country filter and the column Grand total to ignore the date filter. I tried to do it with LODs without any success.

Is there a way to properly tackle this problem, without duplicating the datasource or using the LOOKUP(MIN([Country]), 0) trick?

Thank you for your help.

Camille

• 1. Re: Ignore filters in Grand Totals
          Nathanael Underwood

Hello Camille,

The surest way to control grand totals is to create a couple of other sheets and arrange them in a dashboard. The issue would be if your table is bigger than the available space. While I understand the value of lots of columns and rows of numbers, if it is indeed the case that the crosstab is larger than the available space, I would ask if there is not a more appropriate way of presenting the information than a large crosstab. Without knowing more about the specifics, it is difficult for me to appreciate the challenge you might be facing. Please feel free to add a workbook with sample data.

Thank you.