3 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2016 5:06 AM by Carl Slifer

How to show recent year data as default selection in Dashboard

ashok.kumar.3

Hi All,

I have to show recent or refreshed data as a default view while opening a Dashboard.

Regards,

Ashok

• 1. Re: How to show recent year data as default selection in Dashboard
          Carl Slifer

Howdy Ashok,

Assuming that the most recent year is this year you could just drag your date to the filters shelf and choose the relative year option and then select this year. 

Assuming you want this to work when you have 2017 or 2018 data and you do not want to have to mess with the workbook then...

Year([Date]) = YEAR({FIXED : MAX([Date])})

Use that calculated field and place it on the filters shelf and only allow true values. The fixed calculation will look through the entire database and return the maximum date for the entire database and by wrapping it in year we are then able to check its year part compared to every single date in your database. Only those that match will be returned from this filter.

Cheers!

Carl Slifer

InterWorks

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to show recent year data as default selection in Dashboard
            ashok.kumar.3

Thank you so much for your reply Carl Slifer,

I want to show recent year data while opening the Dashboard, for this requirement your inputs are working fine. Apart from it

we have to give year filter with multiple selections it means while opening Dashboard it needs to show recent year data after I am able to show remain year’s data also.

Could you please suggest me how to over come this problem.

Regards,

Ashok

• 3. Re: How to show recent year data as default selection in Dashboard
              Carl Slifer

Hi Ashok,

Do the same thing, have the default setting set to 'true' and then Show the filter so that the user can allow 'false' values as well. In order to make it easier for your user to understand try this formula

IF YEAR([Order Date])  = YEAR({FIXED : MAX([Order Date])}) THEN 'Current Year' ELSE 'Remaining Years' END

All it does is naming the resulting true and false fields into something easier to understand. Set it to 'Current Year' but show as a filter so your user can remove or include it as they please.

Cheers!

Carl Slifer

InterWorks