4 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2016 8:56 PM by Morgan DUARTE

Combine 2 measures to get the split in color

Morgan DUARTE

Hi there,

I have 2 set of Target (Stretch one and committed one) that I compare with Actual data.

I would like to show the Stretch one only but with a split in color (The committed one, followed by the extra mile)

This is what I have

I would like something like this:

Any idea how to do it?

I'm trying to do with a formula that will include Committed + Extra (To become the Stretch), but no idea on how to add the color...

Thanks for your help !

• 1. Re: Combine 2 measures to get the split in color
          kumar.c

Hi Morgan,

Drag the measure names onto the color shelf and measure values onto the row shelf and right click on the measure names and select desired measures from the list.

• 2. Re: Combine 2 measures to get the split in color
            Morgan DUARTE

Well.. the thing is I don't have a measure name...only 2 calculations...

Sent from IBM Verse

kumar.c --- Re:  - Combine 2 measures to get the split in color ---

From:"kumar.c" <tableaucommunity@tableau.com>To:"Morgan DUARTE" <morgan.duarte@schneider-electric.com>Date:Fri, 27 May 2016 5:30 pmSubject:Re:  - Combine 2 measures to get the split in color

Tableau Support Community           Combine 2 measures to get the split in color 

reply from kumar.c in Forums - View the full discussion 

Hi Morgan,

Drag the measure names onto the color shelf and measure values onto the row shelf and right click on the measure names and select desired measures from the list.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Tableau Support Community     Start a new discussion in Forums by email or at Tableau Support Community     Following Combine 2 measures to get the split in color in these streams: Inbox    

This email was sent by Tableau Support Community because you are a registered user. You may unsubscribe instantly from Tableau Support Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

• 3. Re: Combine 2 measures to get the split in color
              Ryan Eavey

Hi, Morgan,

One method to produce this type of view is to use a reference line.  This method results in a view like the one below.  You can change colors and formatting to fit your needs.

To create this view  the key is to first have the 'stretch' dimension included as part of the view by adding it to the Detail shelf.  If stretch is not included in the view, then it can't be used as a reference line.

Step 1:  Add 'Strech' dimension to the Detail shelf

Step 2:  Add a reference line to the view.  Set value to 'sum(stretch)', scope to 'per cell', label to 'value', and fill below formatting to whatever color you'd like.  Screenshot of the configuration is below, and a 9.2 workbook is attached.

Hope this helps!

-Ryan

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Combine 2 measures to get the split in color
                Morgan DUARTE

Hi Ryan,

I did not thought about reference line !

Nice, it works indeed.

Thanks a lot