1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 17, 2016 3:26 PM by Amber Loranger

Action filters tend to not clear and sit on filter shelf in sheet view.

Bob Snyder

Hi All,

I have made a pretty complicated dashboard view in Tableau 8.2.

I can't show the dashboard due to sensitive information. But the problem is on my Filters shelf on the sheet view. But when viewing my Dashboard, all of the "Action Filters" are deselected by clicking in the white space.

There are 3 sheets that have action filters on them, and they drive data changes on 8 sheets on the same dashboard.

Here is a hilariously small example of the pills that aren't going away off of the shelf on the sheet view.

Thank you very much for any help. I will try to provide anymore information as I can.

• 1. Re: Action filters tend to not clear and sit on filter shelf in sheet view.
          Amber Loranger

HI Bob,

It's expected that the action filter pills will remain on the filter shelf even if the filter has been cleared.

Just like when you drag a field to the filter shelf on a sheet, it will sit there whether or not you are actively filtering data out of the view.

The action filter pill is just showing you that there is an action filter which affects that sheet.

So, if all that's happening unexpectedly is you see those pills on the filter shelf, it's nothing to worry about.

Hope that helps.

1 of 1 people found this helpful