1 Reply Latest reply on May 23, 2016 6:18 PM by Sarah Slattery

% Difference From Two Columns

Breanna Hunt

Hello -

I am trying to recreate the workbook referenced in this thread showing if the change between the control and variation are different.

Before I even attempt the statistical calculations I am trying to recreate the below table. I have not been able to figure out how to show the difference between the measures.

Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 9.39.37 AM.png

I have been able to isolate each of the measures into its own calculated Field and calculate the Pct Difference, but when I drag the variant_external_id from the columns shelf I get a blank value. What am i doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 9.42.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 9.44.43 AM.png

Thank you!

• 1. Re: % Difference From Two Columns
          Sarah Slattery

Hi Breanna,

The screenshot in my dashboard above is actually multiple sheets There is one sheet that contains the rate for the control and the test (all the dark gray numbers) and then 4 individual sheets displaying the % lift of the test group over the control group that are positioned under the main sheet. I structured it this way mainly because of formatting reasons.

Here are the calculations I'm using in the lift calculation:

• Open Rate-Test = sum(case when [Group]='Test' then [Opens] end) / sum(case when [Group]='Test' then [Delivered] end)  
          • Open Rate-Control = sum(case when [Group]='Control' then [Opens] end) / sum(case when [Group]='Control' then [Delivered] end)  
          • % Lift = ( [Open Rate-Test] - [Open Rate-Control] ) / [Open Rate-Control]

Hope that helps!