8 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2016 2:15 PM by Veronica Simoes

Tableau Server 9.3.1 | Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'startup' of undefined

David Stachon

Hi All,

I've logged a top priority ticket with support, but I'm guessing they're not working over the weekend.

We upgraded to Tableau Server 9.3.1 on Friday.

On some machines, users can open their browsers and view dashboards without a problem.

On other machines, regardless of browser/version, they can't see a single thing. After a few moments they just get the following error message:

Unexpected Error

An unexpected error occurred. If you continue to receive this error please contact your Tableau Server Administrator.

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'startup' of undefined

This problem did not exist in 9.0 (which we just upgraded from)

Any ideas! Any search I've done seems to suggest browser version, but this doesn't seem to be the case. And, I've tried from Windows 10, Mac, iOS, and this doesn't seem to be relevant.

I'm in a world of hurt if users start coming in on Monday and can't get to their dashboards. :-(

Thanks,

david.