2 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2016 12:07 AM by Tharashasank Davuluru

share workbook function in tableau

CHIN CHUAN GOH

does tableau has a function where 2 person work on the same workbook and changes to the workbook from both of us will be saved when we click save. it's something like "share workbook" function in Excel.

• 1. Re: share workbook function in tableau
          Ashish Chaudhari

Hi Chin,

Same tableau workbook can be opened on two different terminals and changes can be made simultaneously. I haven't explored the sharing option though. It can be done. If two user make changes in the one place then the most recent one will get saved.

I think there no such a separate option as excel to share and work.

I have experienced this and done it few times.

Regards,

Ashish Chaudhari

• 2. Re: share workbook function in tableau
            Tharashasank Davuluru

Hi Chin,

If you work with Tableau in a team environment, odds are you’ve run into some challenges with collaboration. Here are some scenarios that may be familiar to you:

• A coworker and I have made changes to a workbook. How do we combine those changes?
            • My workbook on Tableau Server has been incrementally updating its extract. Meanwhile, I’ve improved the dashboards in my local copy of that workbook. How do I bring the latest data together with the latest dashboards?
            • The Sales, Marketing, Finance and Operations teams each have their own workbooks with numerous dashboards. How can I pull out a few dashboards from each to create an executive workbook?

Answer:we  have the ability to import worksheets from another workbook. So if you have the 4  authors  to create one sheet in  workbooks, and then in the end, import all of them into a workbook that you're going to create the Dashboard in. And finally publish this to Server.

Ashish Chaudhari  here i cannot agree with you for this statement

Same tableau workbook can be opened on two different terminals and changes can be made simultaneously.

For doing  this we do not have any direct option in tableau that the reason we have a power tool to  do this https://powertoolsfortableau.com/combine-multiple-tableau-workbooks-workbook-merge