1 Reply Latest reply on May 16, 2016 2:55 PM by John T

Calculation Question: Calculations Involving Filtered Data

John T

Hi all, new to this forum and I've been trying to figure something out but so far, with no success.

I'm working on showing compounding on a very simple data table. However, I'm not sure how to plug this equation into Tableau in order to make it calculate / display correctly. Another issue is that this calculation will be dependent on the number of data sets, which can be filtered.

Here is the equation: [(1+ROR1)(1+ROR2)...(1+RORn)-1], with each RORx being the given ROR for a day. I'm not sure how to enter this into Tableau and also have it update given a range. (For example, the user can select to view the data from June 1st, 2011 to June 20th, 2011 or January 1st, 2013 to January 1st, 2016

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Also, wanted to note I'm trying to calculate the running ROR, depending on the range. If it starts with January 1st, 2016 and ends on February 28th, 2016, the formula for January would be (1+RORjan)-1 and for February it would be (1+RORjan)(1+RORfeb) - 1. Thanks again and please let me know if this is not clear!