1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 8, 2016 3:27 AM by lenaic.ridinger

Highlighting with Thresholds and Strings

Connor Zimmerman

Need some help with highlighting fields on a text table based on thresholds created through strings.

The underlying data contains around 100 rows of data with 10 columns per row in an excel file. Two columns are labelled "Market" and "Product Type" while another two columns are labelled "Market Risk" and "Product Risk". The thresholds are made using Market Risk and Product Risk. Market Risk is given a 1 or a 2 rating, and Product Risk is given either a 1 or a 2 rating as well.

I've created a string that goes as follows: IF [Product Risk]=1 AND [Market Risk]=1 THEN "2" ELSEIF [Product Risk]=1 AND [Market Risk]=2 THEN "5" ELSEIF [Product Risk]=2 AND [Market Risk]=1 THEN "5" ELSEIF [Product Risk]=2 AND [Market Risk]=2 THEN "10"

Under "Dimensions" I have labelled this as "Threshold".

Then I've organized the data into a table with "Market" "Product Type" and "Threshold" in the rows position, and the number of records for that product and market in the next column.

Ideally I would like to put a red box around the numbers that meet or exceed the threshold I have created without having to go into each individual record and color them myself.

For example, for Product X in Market X, the threshold is 2 and the number of records is 5. I would like for tableau to automatically highlight the number of records based on the fact that it meets/exceeds the threshold.

Thank you for your help, it is very much appreciated.