1 Reply Latest reply on May 4, 2016 6:24 AM by Toby Erkson

ytd Calculation based on Month & Year filters

Srikanth G

Hi,

I am new to this community so guide if i am putting it in a wrong place.

I have data in excel with year , month , Country and retail sales need to calculate YTD values and market share based on filter selection, Can some one please let me know if there is a way to achieve this .Mail me if any further information required

Regards,
      Srikanth

• 1. Re: ytd Calculation based on Month & Year filters
          Toby Erkson

Srikanth,

Welcome to the Tableau Community/Forums

I moved your question into the Forums as this location is for general questions and Desktop.  On the right side of the screen is a menu where you can jump to the appropriate forum, just hover your mouse over the main menu item and then click on the appropriate forum.  The red box shows the major forums of the Tableau Community:

Also, all questions should be asked and answered here, within the topic you created, not through emails or other forms of communication outside your posting (that totally defeats the purpose of any forum).  This allows others to understand what's happening and help you out in solving your question.  The purpose of the forums is for people to ask questions, get answers, and in the process it is all documented here so if someone else should have the same problem the hope is that they will find the answer if they try a search.

While there are some Tableau employees here to answer questions in the various forums, most of the people who answer questions are end users like yourself who volunteer their time to help others   So for urgent issues be sure to contact Tableau Support directly.

For additional info about the Tableau Community here (these forums) please to here Getting Started in the Forums  and on the right side of the screen read the articles in the Suggested Reading pane:

I recommend reading the boxed items first and then the other articles.