0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2016 11:03 AM by Matt Shoemaker

Files and Calculations from the last San Diego Tableau User Group Meeting (April 21, 2016)

Matt Shoemaker

We had a wonderful SDTUG meeting last week. The attendance was fantastic and it was great to see so many different levels of Tableau experience represented.

Many thanks to Jim Morrison at Renovate America for his excellent presentation on dashboard design. The link below contains the files, including the step-by-step instructions, .twbx files, image files, and sample calculations. I think everyone in the room learned something from Jim's presentation and it was very generous of him to prepare all of these files and to make them available to the group. Thanks also to Justin Stewart and Brad Parker at Renovate America for their efforts in setting up and hosting. It was an excellent experience all around.

The files are located here:

Many thanks also to Amelia Glum, David Vessie, and Blake Bennett from Alteryx for their demonstration of Alteryx Designer. It was very informative and I appreciated the clear, concise answers to the questions from the audience. We'll continue to ask Alteryx to present a couple of times per year so that we can keep up with their latest enhancements and features.

I'm looking forward to the next meeting. Details will be available soon.