3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2016 10:29 AM by Manideep Bhattacharyya

adjusting the names in the axis- ?

msa s

how to format so that the names are visible on x-axis?

• 1. Re: adjusting the names in the axis- ?
          Manideep Bhattacharyya

Hello - I am showing a simple demo of how to create Waterfall Chart (Profit breakdown across Sub-Categories) in some simple steps

Step 1: Drag Sub-Category to the Column Shelf and Profit to the Rows Shelf. By default measures are aggregated. Here we are aggregating Profit to Sum(Profit)

Waterfall - Step 1.JPG

Step 2: From Quick Table Calculations, Change this to "Running Total"

Waterfall - Step 2.JPG

Step 3: Chang the Chart type to "Gant Bar" from "Automatic". Now this is very close to the Waterfall

Waterfall - Step 4.JPG

Step 4: Create a new Field called - Profit and the Calculated expression would be -[Profit]. This is required later

Waterfall - Step 3.JPG

Step 5: Drag that -Profit Calculated Field to the Size.

Waterfall - Step 5.JPG

Step 6: Drag Profit Measure to the Color so that it will depict for which Sub-Category there is loss incurred.

Waterfall - Step 6.JPG

Step 7: From the Analysis Menu Bar Select Total --> "Show Row Grand Total"

Waterfall - Step 7.JPG

Final Step: Drag some meaningful Measures onto the Label to complete the visualization

Waterfall - Step 8.JPG

Hope this will solve your issue. If this solve your question then mark this as correct answer and close this thread

• 2. Re: adjusting the names in the axis- ?
            msa s

thanks  but , i did  check initially i can adjust the x axis  by dragging it, how ever thankyou for the reply   

• 3. Re: adjusting the names in the axis- ?
              Manideep Bhattacharyya

Please mark this as correct answer if your problem is solved .. this is required to close this thread.