4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2016 12:07 PM by Jim Lotton

territories

Jim Lotton

All,

We have dealers in areas outside the united states.  if the dealers inside the US i'm working on getting a their counties and matching them to a 5 digit FIP file.  that seems to be working for the small set i have currently have set up.  My question is how can i get the same set up for international customers?  would i need to get a complete set of coordinates or just the center point?

Thanks

• 1. Re: territories
          Thomas Exter

Hi Jim,

What geographic coordinates, address, etc. do you have for your international customers?

Regards,

Tom

• 2. Re: territories
            Jim Lotton

Tom,

Thanks for the response.

I have the dealer address but that seems to give me a dot and i want their entire territory highlighted.  For example, we have a German dealer but the is located in a city and their territory which may or may not include all germany or parts of other countries. 

Jim

• 3. Re: territories
              Thomas Exter

Jim,

Interesting. So it seems like you need to associate a dot (Lat Long) with a territory, in which case you would need a correspondence file which associates a lat long with a territory. The hard part is "Germany or parts of other countries." Do you have a territory boundary file?

Regards,

Tom

• 4. Re: territories
                Jim Lotton

Yes, that's what I'm hoping to do.  I haven't seen one.  I do know it mostly follows country.  And Friday I tried to add country to my FIPS file.  When in doubt try the simplest method.   and a dealer ending up as a dot under Nigeria and etc in the Atlantic Ocean.