1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 6, 2016 2:07 PM by Toby Erkson

Server Usage

Brian Fritter

Is it possible to extract server usage data from tableau server without server admin. our IT department retained server admin rights and I only have site admin, when i attempt to connect through postgresql i can connect but not pull anything and would like to build some custom view and be able to send them out as packaged workbooks. On that note is there a way to filter this by group, the hist_group_id doesnt reflect the actual group membership for users, does anyone know what the update time is when a user is added to a group or is it stamped based on what group they were in at the time of the recorded action.

• 1. Re: Server Usage
          Toby Erkson

Brian Fritter wrote:

1.  Is it possible to extract server usage data from tableau server without server admin. our IT department retained server admin rights and I only have site admin, when i attempt to connect through postgresql i can connect but not pull anything and would like to build some custom view and be able to send them out as packaged workbooks.

2.  On that note is there a way to filter this by group, the hist_group_id doesnt reflect the actual group membership for users, does anyone know what the update time is when a user is added to a group or is it stamped based on what group they were in at the time of the recorded action.

1.  Most likely, no.  What exactly do you mean by "connect but not pull"?

2.  I don't have an answer but this is rather specific so why the need?