2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2016 9:10 AM by Jeffrey Jacob

Is it possible to create a dynamic filter?

Jeffrey Jacob

Can I dynamically filter a view against a dimension based on the user-enacted filter of a different dimension?

For example, if the user selects Territory 123 in one view, and Territory 123 is an "Orange" territory, can another view automatically filter down to only "Orange" territories (to compare "like" territories)?

I do not want to have to have the user select from a Territory filter AND a Color filter.  I want the view which compares similar regions to automatically filter down based on selection of a territory only.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Is it possible to create a dynamic filter?
          Sai Kiran

Hi Jeffrey,

Is it possible to share your workbook or atleast a screen shot of the requirement?

• 2. Re: Is it possible to create a dynamic filter?
            Jeffrey Jacob

Hi Sai,

Thank you for responding.

Please review below.

On my dashboard, I allow the end-user to filter with one (and only one) dimension - Territory.

It filters all views on the dashboard except for one. With this lone view, I intend to (automatically) filter the data by the Color dimension to display only those territories which have the same Color as the selected Territory.

For example, if an end-user selects "AL002", this one view should filter down and show all territories with the Color "Blue".  The resultant table should be as follows:

Please let me know if you need further information.

Thanks, again.

Jeff